Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Homemade Pizza for Superbowl Party

I have decided to break into the family vault and share our famous homemade pizza recipe, just in time for your Superbowl party.  It's easy and cheap to make and my family gobbles it all up every time I make it (which is every couple of weeks).  
In a large bowl, place each of the following and mix well:
7 cups all-purpose flour
2 pkgs. quick rise yeast (or 4 1/2 tsp.)
1 Tablespoon salt
In small bowl, combine:
3 cups very warm tap water
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons oil (olive oil or any vegetable oil)
Slowly add warm water mixture to flour mixture until crumbly dough forms.  Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead 4-5 minutes until dough is satiny smooth and elastic.
Let rise until double in size (about 20-30 minutes) in a warm spot (I use my oven with the light on).  Remove dough from oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
Punch dough down and separate into 3-4 pieces, depending how thick you like your crust and place in oiled pan sprinkled with corn meal.  Spread carefully with hands, coaxing the dough to the edges of the pan, being careful not to make a hole.  If hard to spread, move to next pizza and let the other rest a moment and then try again.
Spread sauce (recipe follows) on dough and add toppings, cheese first (I use pepperoni, crumbled pre-cooked breakfast sausage and shredded mozzarella cheese).
Bake at 450 for 12-14 minutes.


Pizza Sauce


3 cups tomato sauce
3 Tablespoons tomato paste (I use the one in the tube)
3/4 teaspoon oregano
3/4 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
Couple of good splashes of olive oil
Mix well with whisk


I guarantee this will be a crowd pleaser.  I am asked to bring pizza to family gatherings as it is very popular.


Enjoy and go Patriots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.