Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Surviving Daylight Savings

I did it.  I survived the first week of Daylight Savings Time.  Surviving Daylight Savings is so exhausting, I must say.  I still feel like a zombie, wandering aimlessly through the day.  


For instance, on Monday, it took a pry bar to get my eyes open.  Now mind you, we homeschool, so I didn't have to be up to meet any time deadlines but my own.  But still, starting homeschool at 10:00 a.m. can really put you behind the whole day.  I decided to just accept the fact that Monday would be a "wasted" day and try not to stress out about all the things I wasn't accomplishing.  And pray without ceasing!


And did you notice how long the evening seemed this week?  It seemed that after dinner, it took forever to reach bedtime.  I just gave up and went to bed to get it over with instead of waiting for it to come to me!


And if you take medication like I do, especially one that has to be taken at the same time every day, (and I mean on the dot), this week can be an exercise in math skills.  My phone alarm would go off at 7:00 p.m. when I am scheduled to take it, but it would really only be 6:00 (pre-Daylight Savings).  So I would have to set the timer for 50 minutes and take it then.  Then the next day, I would set it for 45 minutes and so on and so forth.  Even with all that, I am still struggling.


I feel bad for Moms with babies that eat every 3-4 hours.  Just when you have their schedule all down pat, here comes Daylight Savings time to mess it up.  I used to use the method that I use for my medication to try and ease my babies back into a schedule.


But, all in all, I survived Daylight Savings.  I'm still feeling a little bleary-eyed and sort of in a fog, but it's getting better every day.  And a gorgeous day like today helps a lot.  I think I'll sit out on my deck for a bit today and enjoy Spring bursting at its seams.


God bless you and please, I love to hear from you!  Feel free to leave a comment.  I try to respond to each and every one!



1 comment:

  1. I am usually like you...Living in a fog and having a hard time adjusting to the time change. This time around, I am getting up even earlier than normal and going to bed later. I am all messed up that way, but I have energy to burn. I think it's the beautiful weather we are having here that is keeping me energized. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.