Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

I Am So Blessed

Someone I love, after reading my blog for some time, mentioned to me that I needed to post something uplifting.  After all, she said, my blog is called "Mom So Blessed".  So I am honoring her wisdom with this post.

I AM blessed..

More than I probably even know.

God gave me two wonderful parents to love me and guide me into the woman I am today.  And they are still guiding me, thanks to God for their continued good health.

I also am blessed with the love and friendship of my four younger sisters and their children.  We enjoy each others' company so much that we do everything together, from shopping to going to church.

God has also blessed me with my wonderful, handsome husband of almost 31 years.  We are best friends and enjoy a warm, loving relationship that grows even better every year.  I still look forward to our "date night" on Fridays.  He has also been a wonderful provider for our family which enabled me to stay at home and homeschool our children.  And as a father, well, let's just say his children adore him!

Which brings me to where I feel the most blessed in my life. 

My five wonderful, healthy, happy children who range in age from 13 to 29 and of whom I am so proud!

No job has been harder than being mom to these children, but what love and grace has been my reward for that hard work.  And what amazing children, all so different, but strong in heart and love for each other. 

And I am so blessed to feel the love of God in my life.  So many times I have felt His hand in my life and seen so many prayers answered. My relationship with God is what holds me up through the glorious times as well as the heartbreaking ones.  He is the first thing I think of when my eyes open and the last thing before they close at night.

I pray that God knows how blessed I do feel in my life here on earth and that he will continue to guide me in my "right path" and that "goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life."

1 comment:

  1. Hear Hear! I'm so glad you've found out what a great family you are!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.