Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

I Hate Teeth...The Sequel

Just a quick update on my Friday trip to the dentist http://momsoblessed411.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-hate-teeth.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_ca

My appointment was at 11:00 a.m.  Luckily, I only had to wait a couple of minutes as my heart was racing with fear as to what the dentist would have to say.  Luckily, he is easy on the eyes so that helps to soften the blow.


He took a look at the x-rays the technician took and whispered the word "fracture" to her.  Now I started to think maybe I had broken my jaw or something since it had been swollen there.


Then he came over and looked at my with his big brown eyes and said he had bad news...my tooth was fractured.  


Phew, I thought, is that all?  What a relief!  He said he couldn't fix it, that it needed to come out and that he could do it right then.  What?  I must have looked like a deer in the headlights.  I just panicked.  I wanted to get out of there.  As I said before, I am an avoider so I just wanted to escape.


I asked, does it have to be today?  He said, no, it would need to be in the next week or so to prevent more damage.  Thank goodness!  I could put it off!  Hurray!


So, I chose to make an appointment for the next Monday.  And then he proceeded to grind the sharp edges off for me as it was hurting the inside of my cheek and I couldn't put my teeth together.


So I left feeling pretty pleased with myself for putting off the inevitable.  And then, my tooth started to really hurt.  More than it had before I went to the appointment!  I should have known when the technician said I could take 800 mg. of Motrin (prescription strength) for the pain.  I can't take that because it melts my stomach, so I managed with just 2 ibuprofen (hey, I'm tough!  I had 5 children with very little pain relief).  


It did get a little better.  And this morning, it is feeling pretty good.  In fact, it feels so good, I am starting to feel like maybe I don't need to have the tooth taken out.  But I will overcome my urge to run away from the appointment and plan to be there on that Monday to have the extraction.


Please continue to pray for me!



2 comments:

  1. How is your tooth doing? Can you make it until Monday??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tooth is hanging in there, literally! I've been eating a lot of bananas and scrambled eggs. Nice, soft things! I did ask them the dentist's office to call if there was a cancellation, but so far, no call! Thanks for checking up on me!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.