Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Unfinished Projects

My life is an unfinished project.


Or, more accurately, I am overwhelmed with unfinished projects.


Everywhere I look, I see something else that needs to be completed.  For example, in my home, half of the interior doors are only primed, and they have been that way for five years.  Our new (five years old) set of stairs to the upper level?  Well, they are still bare wood.  There is no stain or finish.
Our deck outside the house has no railings.


Inside, there is missing baseboard, missing trim, missing paint, etc.  From where I sit, I can see numerous unfinished projects.  And if I open my kitchen cabinets, I can find many old, worn-out "to do" lists of household projects, with nary a single item checked off as finished.


I don't even want to think about my unfinished craft/sewing projects.  Oh, and I mustn't forget those half completed cross stitch, needlepoint and crewel kits.


As for my life being an unfinished project, well, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.


Perhaps I need to make a real effort to finished at least something.  Maybe I'll rip down all my old lists and start afresh.  I'll choose one glaring, unfinished project that doesn't cost much to do and get started.  That way I could actually feel good about getting something done.


I'll let you know what I decide to finished first.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. When I am overwhelmed with a lot of projects that need finished, I start with the ones that take the least amount of time and go from there. That way you can cross a bunch off of your list quickly and it helps you feel motivated. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.