Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Laziness?

I have decided why things in my life don't turn out as well as I expect.

I'm lazy.

I don't know how, but I am.  I never really ever sit down for most of the day, but somehow I'm still lazy. 

I've decided that I want results without the work.  For example, I dream of being super fit and looking amazing at 51.  Yet I have trouble squeezing in 15 or 20 minutes of exercise a few days a week.

And when it comes to food, I intend to eat healthier every day, but I give in to temptation quicker than the blink of an eye.  Or I make menu plans with lovely, carefully prepared meals, but end up just making my "go to" meal.

I want to have an organized home, but the task just seems overwhelming.  I start and get some areas neat, but others just become worse.

I look at other peoples' yards and gardens and wish mine looked as neat and well-manicured.

I want to learn to play more than chopsticks on the piano, but give up after a few tries.

I want to have successful shops on Etsy and to write my blog, but I am having trouble doing what needs to be done to accomplish those things.

All this has led me to believe that at the root of it all, I am lazy.  I want all these things that I just mentioned, but I am not willing to put the work in to achieve them.  It just seems easier to continue on the way I have been, and just envy others (a sin) for what they have.  I know that those achievers had to work hard to have the results I can see.  And I have the desire to do what it takes, but something happens from my mind to my hands.  I just can't seem to have the staying power.  Or in other words, discipline.  That's what makes me feel lazy.

So I have decided, that in order to achieve something that requires hard work, discipline and dedication that I will pare my dreams down a bit.  In the next day or so, I will be praying for guidance in what God would have me put my energies into and then go full throttle into working towards that.

I will be sure to share with you where I believe God is leading me in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.