Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Top Ten Tips on Laundry

It's Top Ten Tuesday my friends, so I thought I would share my top ten tips on laundry, our favorite chore!


l.  Use half the detergent called for in your washer and your clothes will be clean (if not cleaner).  This tip from a washer repairman.


2.  Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar to washer to soften water and clothes, as well as add to the cleaning power of your detergent.


3.  Dry off seal on HE machines, especially at the bottom to prevent mold and mildew.


4.  Leave door open on HE washers when not in use to also prevent mold and mildew.


5.  Don't overload washer or clothes won't clean as well as a lighter load.


6.  Use mild baby detergent on delicate sweaters, blouses and slacks.  The clothes will stay new-looking longer and they also smell great!


7.  Use cold water to wash, especially on nice clothes to prevent shrinkage.


8.  Don't use softener sheets in the dryer as they can clog your lint screen with softener residue.  Also, softener sheets may have chemicals in them that are not good to inhale.


9.  Use the cool-down cycle on your dryer to prevent wrinkles.


10.  Hang blouses and slacks up immediately after removal from dryer to avoid ironing later (and who likes to iron?).


I hope these tips help you in your laundry tasks this week.  Please feel free to add any tips you might have regarding laundry.  I would love to add them!


God bless you!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard some of these, and some don't apply to me since I don't have an HE washer, but I'll have to try the vinegar tip!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.