Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Let Me Off!

OK, I think I've had enough.  Can I get off now?


Lately, I feel like I've been in one of those hamster thingies, you know, the exercise wheel where the hamster gets in and keeps running and going nowhere.


That's me.


Please let me off!  But I'm not sure how to get off.  I jump out of bed in the morning and somehow I'm right back on the wheel.  I keep running, but I'm going nowhere.  The day goes by in a blur and then suddenly, I'm back in front of my bathroom mirror, brushing my teeth before bed, and I can't, for the life of me, even count three things I may have accomplished that day.  And then it's into bed to sleep and jump back on the wheel in the morning.


This problem seems to have become worse once I turned 50.  I thought things slowed down then.  Is it because of my children that I'm still homeschooling?  Are they making my life fly by?  Is it because I have so much to do?  I almost feel dizzy the way time flies by.  And I'm not sure how I can stop it or even slow it.  I try to take a deep breath and relax, but that only helps for a moment, and then I'm off to the races again.  


I thought by posting this, maybe some of you out there might have some suggestions.  I'm open to try just about anything, jut let me get off this wheel!

4 comments:

  1. You are singing my song! I feel the exact same way!! I am meeting myself coming and going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear you feel this way.

    Maybe a vacation would help? Or just a little break...a week or two or three off...just to do whatever you want?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't a day off be nice? I don't know if my family would "allow" that. You know how those clothes pile up along with the dishes. Not to mention the cooking. But I can certainly daydream about a day off! Thanks so much for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone in feeling like the hamster running on the wheel, as there are many people just like yourself struggling to stay afloat even though they are working tirelessly to improve their situations. While filing bankruptcy is never an easy process, hopefully that decision has at least eased concerns about your home ownership even while other concerns persist. As the previous commenter noted, your blog touches on everyday feelings that many of us share and I hope you will continue to post about your experiences, as your story could inspire many other homeowners who are currently facing foreclosure.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.