Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Truth About Having Pets

As you can see in my bio, I live with a lot of animals.  We have two small indoor dogs, a dog who lives in the garage as well as seven indoor cats.


I am here to tell you the truth about having all these animals.  IT IS WAY TOO MUCH WORK!
We have 3 bath-tub sized catboxes that have to be scooped constantly; not to mention the random puddles found here and there. They are always jumping up on things and knocking my things down.  They are constantly on my counter with their dirty, little paws so I go through a lot of disinfecting wipes.
 Their lovely, fluffy fur covers everything.  I like to wear black a lot, so you can imagine what I look like when I go out.  When we get dressed for church, we can't sit down before we leave or we'll be covered in fur!
As for the dogs, one is approximately 100 years old, has no teeth and is practically blind--still going strong though. He likes to eat his dog food and then leave large puddles in thanks.  We own stock in all the paper towel companies and I would also never recommend laminate flooring for this type of dog.
Our other dog is a 7 year old male Papillon who has never quite gotten the hang of potty training.  He likes to lift his leg on anything upright.  I am constantly washing furniture covers, floors, walls and drapes.  We go through cases of the odor remover of the week.
Now, don't get me wrong.  I am an animal lover at heart. Why else would I have all these animals?  I just needed to vent about the time and money necessary to take care of them all.  It certainly adds up!
So, remember me (and pray for me) when you are scooping your tiny little cat box, buying your tiny bag of dog food and managing on two rolls of paper towel per week.  I'll be thinking about you and envying you!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.