Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homeschool Doldrums

Since Christmas and New Years, I'm having a hard time getting our homeschool back on track.  As a matter of fact, I'm having a hard time getting anything back on track.  Our Christmas decorations are still up!
We are at least getting a lesson of math in each day, but beyond that, it's a struggle.  Yesterday we started using the book "Take Ten for Writers" by Bonnie Neubauer which uses fun writing prompts with a ten minute time limit. That was fun!  Even I wrote one with the kids.  Just needed to get something down on paper instead of using a keyboard!
I also found "The Way Things Work" by David Macaulay at our local thrift store to use for science until we get back on track with our regular science.
Trying also to get back on schedule with the Sonlight Read-a-Louds.  I'm almost caught up in "Young Fu of the Upper Yangtze" by Elizabeth Foreman Lewis.  We are using the Eastern Hemisphere core by Sonlight.
But that's all we've been doing--oh, and a little of the literature from A Beka's "Of People".
So, I think it's time for the teacher (me!) to make myself focus and get serious again about homeschooling and I think in that way, my 3 students will follow my lead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.