Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Breakfast Pancakes

This morning I had a request for homemade pancakes so I got up a little earlier to put them together.  They are quick and easy and taste delicious--just as good as a box mix.  I serve them with turkey sausage and maple syrup.  Real Vermont maple syrup for some and the fake syrup for others.  They can easily be served with powdered sugar as well.
                     Quick and Easy Pancakes (makes approx. 24)


2 cups all-purpose flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
good pinch of kosher salt


Whisk the above ingredients together in a bowl.
In measuring cup whisk together 1 1/2 cups milk and 2 large eggs.


Add milk mixture to flour mixture and whisk gently to get rid of most of the lumps.


Cook at medium heat on non-stick pan or griddle.  When water droplets sizzle when sprinkled on pan,  you are ready to ladle them onto pan.  Turn when bubbles form on edge and begin to form near center.  Serve with syrup and/or powdered sugar.


There, wasn't that easy?  And now you have a happy, satisfied family!





1 comment:

  1. These look yummy. I absolutely love pancakes! Thank you for linking up to "Making Your Home Sing Monday" meme. I'd appreciate it if you could put a courtesy link back to my blog the next time you link up. That way your readers could join the party as well. Thanks!

    I read your "about me" bio and the circumstances are very similar to a friend of mine.

    She lost her business, filed for bankruptcy and the bank began foreclosure on her home. They had a date that they had to be out. But even though the bank nailed a notice on her door and everything, they didn't lose their home.

    The bank worked with them and she found a job and they are still living there. I pray that you don't lose your home either. It was a very long, stressful year for her and her faith was tested, but she knew that no matter what, God would be faithful and provide for her, whether she lost her home or not. He will for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love to have input into how my readers feel about my thoughts and perhaps topics they might like me to explore.